CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Help please?

I've got a question for all you old school bloggers who know what they're doing. How do you know when you have a new comment on a post? Do you just use the email option so you get an email when someone comments or is there another way? I ask because I've gotten comments on posts other than the most recent one and I've only noticed because I've gone back and looked. That's not the most time efficient way when your posts start adding up. I guess I've gotten spoiled to wordpress in that regard because your dashboard lets you know you've got comments and what post they're on.

Also, any great widgets out there that are too good to pass up? Educate me in the ways of blogger please!

10 comments:

jenn said...

The email option is the only way I know, but it doesn't always work. There are certain people who NEVER show up. I just scroll back a few posts whenever I log in.

If anyone else knows of a different way, I'd love to know too!

I'm not a big widget girl, but I love my weight loss ticker!

Missy said...

I tell you, the biggest blogger guru is my Sister in Law, Stefany! Shes at Pikes Pickles, you can hop on her from my blog and she ALWAYS has the neatest things and you can ask her anything-just tell her Missy sent you- I swear if I didn't know any better I would say she does nothing but blog constantly! But thats not true-shes just awesome! She's the one that got me into it. Oh, you may notice I'm Missy and Sabrina-Sabrina is my legal name and Missy is my nickname! So hopefully that won't confuse you too much!

Anyhoo just like Jenn, I just click back and check out posts!

Donna said...

Email option.....You just have to check it daily and see which post the comment was left on...hughugs

Crystal said...

Yeah, I depend on the email thing too. BUT, I've figured out that if you have more than one blog on your site, it wont notify you AT ALL. My exercise blog that I just started will not notify me at all when comments are left. I have to go into my blog and look.

Christine said...

Good to know ladies, thanks!

I've been online since around 1997 and I'm decent at html and coding (amateur only of course!) but blogger was confusing the hell out of me! It looks like I may wind up on a hunt to find a cleaner, quicker way to get notified about the comments and such.

Crystal said...

I have a question, I just looked on your side bar and noticed your reward...what's a salad spinner?

Christine said...

It kind of looks like a colander with a lid. You wash your veggies and put them in this contraption, put the lid on and push a button in the center of the lid and it spins to take the water out. It makes washing lettuce and other veggies that are difficult to dry (like broccoli and cauliflower) much easier to clean!

Crystal said...

Pretty neat idea! WHEN you get it you need to take a picture and post it! Thanks for answering my question!!

Christine said...

Will do Crystal! I've always wanted one, but it kind of seemed frivolous. I figure though that if I get it as a reward for "good behavior" that it'll only help me in my quest to eat more veggies!

Carrie said...

I use the email option, well it was on my family blog and just a few minutes ago I added it to my other blogs, much easier and you don't miss comments!