CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day Two - Blew it.

***Warning...TMI ahead***

Day two and I already blew my healthy eating. I'm not letting it stop me, but it made me feel like crap.

I woke up to a crime scene this morning, blood everywhere and a foul mood to go with it. After I got everything cleaned up I had a banana and a piece of toast with a thin schmear of peanut butter and a cup of barely sweetened coffee.

The first day of my period is the worst. I get cravings galore, headaches, mood swings and the poos. (Told you it was tmi, sorry) I wasn't feeling well so I took a nap and when I woke up it was way past lunch time and Paul had gotten home early. I decided to skip having anything for lunch when Paul offered to get me a Coke icee. I knew I shouldn't have caved, but I was weak. We had a great dinner of steak and avocado sarnies (which was delightfully healthy despite being sinfully delicious) and afterwards I planned on having some fresh pineapple that I butchered myself. Alas, after eating dinner I got this wicked craving for chocolate and so I poured a liberal handful over the strawberries and pineapple that I'd already put in a bowl.

It could've been worse. A LOT worse. I'm not happy with myself, but I'm trying not to beat myself up and just say "fuck it". That's what's caused me to fail every time I've tried to chance my eating habits or diet in the past. Instead, I'll get up in the morning and maybe have a bowl of oatmeal or another slice of toast and move on. I hate having to think so much about food :(

I've got to find a less junky alternative for when I'm weak willed during times like this. Maybe I'll look in to some 100 calorie desserts or something.

6 comments:

hamlette2002 said...

The biggest thing is that you're not letting one bad day trump you. Just do what you're doing and keep on keeping on. Tomorrow is a new day!

jenn said...

Everyone has bad days. Hell, I just had a bad WEEK! Just don't give up. Hunestly, it didn't sound like you did all that bad. Did you check your calories? Did you go over a lot? I know when I'm craving chocolate, I get 3 musketeers. It's less fat than regular chocolate, yet still satisfies the craving.

Hang in there, my friend. Make today a better day!

Christine said...

Thanks guys!

Jenn, I didn't check yesterday, but I'm on my way to do that right now. I figured I might as well survey the damage lol.

Carrie said...

Just take it one day at a time! One of the best things I have here in the house is the 100 calorie snack packs and the newest is the jos louis, may west and caramel vachon cakes that now come in 100 calorie size. Small yes but still good. Just remember to only have the only...I struggled with that at first.
Like Jenn I had a bad week but we are determined to see results next Tuesday...which reminds me, on my "as i see it" I keep track of our goal weight loss, total loss and loss for the week. If you would like to join "Weigh in Tuesday" then we would love to have you, we all offer great support and urge to keep motivated and we allow bad days because hey it's just going to happen.

you can do this
hang in there

Missy said...

You are so funny! I like to just stand over the scales some days and kick it! It makes me feel better!
Your humor is what's going to get you through this! So it was a crappy day (no pun intended)! Eat your chocolate and flip the scales off ! You are going to beat this! I am so proud of you for posting this day!
Kudos to you...mmm, that reminds me.. Kudos little bars are REALLLLLLLY good and they are Snicker flavored-peanut butter-something-something???Mmm, can't remember but I think it doesn't have that much calories but I remember opening the box and sucking down the Snicker-peanut butter aroma..ahhh! And then I peeled the individual package down on one and it was little, mmm,mmm...so I though,"well, I will just peel one more, since it was little and eat it...within 30 minutes the dang box was gone...
*Eating a whole box of Kudos-Snicker thingies, during family movie night- $3.40
*Forbidden-soda
(Soda that the Doc said I didn't need)-$1.25
*The price of the Blockbuster movie-outrageous
*The look on my face at 2 am when the soda and Kudos hit going 400 miles an hour....priceless!!!

So the lesson is ...Blockbuster movies prices are horrible and Blockbuster should be boycotted! What? Isn't that what you got out of my story? LOL!

Know we are all here for ya! To better days!

Crystal said...

GIRL!! You didn't blow it! All you had was a coke icee and a hand full of chocolate. Like you said, it could have been a lot worse. Keep it up girl, at least your making more good choices than bad. And hell....who doesn't crave when raggin?! You should come to my house. I'll eat a whole box of ice cream sandwiches in one sitting when i'm in that PMS mood;o) You did just fine sweet!