CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Not as bad as I thought, initially.

I took Jenn's advice and calculated the junk I ate last night after dinner. Turns out I only went over by about 250 calories. At first. Somewhere around midnight I literally dipped a tablespoon in to the jar of peanut butter and ate it straight off the spoon with a handful of honey nut cheerios. Nice huh? That upped my oops to about 540 over. Ah well. This is going to be a long ass process and if I get upset over this I won't be going very far. It's not like I ate an entire cake or anything. Still, I need to be more careful. A few screw ups aren't going to ruin me, but if I allow it to happen too often I'm not going to see any results at all.

Which brings me to my next topic. Saturday is my Mom's birthday. I promised her a month ago that we would go over for a barbeque and I'm dreading it. I hate eating in front of my Mom anyway and to save my sanity I've chosen not to tell her about my trying to lose weight. I'll wind up with a couple hours of outdated advice and some "helpful" comments I really don't need to hear now or ever. Basically what this boils down to is that I'm going to eat whatever is served, but I'm going to try to keep everything in small portions. Gotta pick your battles, right?

7 comments:

jenn said...

I agree. Eat what is served, just smaller portions. I still haven't shared with my family about losing, because it becomes all about that. I know exactly how you feel!

You really didn't do that bad yesterday, once you saw the calories. Next time your craving something, allow yourself the calories, just cut back somewhere else. I don't know how you feel about salads, but I have been eating one for one meal a day. I find that helps keep my calories lower.

Chaotic Crafter said...

I really love salads! I can seriously eat one every day as long as I change it up a bit here and there. Where I run in to problems is the dressing. I hate vinagrettes for the most part, but I *have* been sticking to italian, which is a little better since it's not a creamy dressing.

You're absolutely right about family knowing about the weight loss thing. When I did Atkins I made the mistake of telling everyone because I thought it would keep me faithful...all it got me was horribly disappointed looks when I quit. It sucked.

Thank you for the support Jenn...it means a lot to me!

Carrie said...

Salads, I'm with Jenn! which reminds me to go to the grocery store tonight before supper. I am the opposite of you and Jenn with sharing with your family as a matter of fact I am doing this with my family and hubby. I feel this will hold me more accountable on getting results each week.

another step in the right direction
take care

Christine said...

Carrie, I would jump for joy if my husband would get on the healthy eating/weight loss thing with me! Unfortunately he's not interested at the moment and as far as my parents and extended family go, they're supportive until I screw up. Then they're on me like vultures!

jenn said...

I love that you posted a reward for yourself! I thought for sure I would have reached 25 this week...but no. Next week, though, I am getting a cd!

I don't have a salad spinner either. I might have to change my next reward!

Crystal said...

I agree too. make it like a cheat day for you. That way you won't beat yourself up about it. I eat right during the week and pick one day during the weekend for food cheating. At first I only cheated for one meal but when I lost the weight and was maintaining it I switched to having a cheat "day." I ate anything I wanted that way I wasn't craving anything. When I do that I don't do it every week. Maybe once or twice a month. When I have cheat days I eat whatever I want and how ever much I want that whole day. By the evening time i'm cussing myself for doing it but DAMN it sure tastes good;o)

Christine said...

I can usually do pretty well during the week, but weekends are a killer for me. Payday comes and we're all about eating out so neither of us have to cook. (and by either of us, I mean ME!) It causes me to make really bad choices.

I know there'll be days when I can't completely control everything that I'm able to eat. Luckily, my Mom knows I'm a sucker for brussels sprouts and so I can hit those up when I go on Saturday.