CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another hot weekend.

It was another hot, nasty weekend. It's a little after 8pm and just now starting to cool down in the house. I think it's around 99 or 100 right now.

Hubs and I spent most of the day running around in the heat. We do our grocery shopping on Sundays and decided that since we were going to be near my in-laws place that we'd drop by and give my Mother in law one of her video games back that we'd borrowed.

That turned in to a four hour jaunt around town and at her house lol. She wanted to go shopping with us and for some reason, when we shop with her, it is near impossible to walk out of the store with just what we bought. Soda and popsicles were on sale and instead of four bottles of soda for Paul, Carmen kicked in more money and had us buy ten so she could store some at her house for him (we tend to go over and he runs out of drinks while we're there) They also had our favorite mango-cherry popsicles on sale for .99 so I was going to grab four bags to store in the large freezer. We walked out with ten bags of popsicles. Who buys that many?! Us apparently...she'd never tried them so she bought a whole bunch and said that if she didn't like them she'd give them to us. Great and all, but woah lol...kinda overkill don'tcha think?

After I'd helped her take some pictures of her tomatoes and uploaded them onto her computer, we finally made it home. Since then it's been a quest to stay cool. It was 95 in the house earlier and I swear I thought I saw Paul panting.

We're seriously thinking about clearing off our back porch and putting one of those little kid wading pools back there. If for nothing else, it should be good for sitting in and laughing at Moxie trying to get in with us. We can't afford a real pool so it's the next best (silly!) thing.

I haven't been sticking to any sort of eating plan. I've been seriously considering just scrapping the weigh in and all that until things get a little more comfortable around here. I'm not really gaining and it's been so hot I haven't been eating much at all (does that cancel out the bad stuff? No? Ahh...I didn't think so) Maybe if I just put my diet blog to sleep for awhile and start back up later I can start with a clear head. I just seriously can't seem to function with this heat. I don't know though...I'm still just pondering.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend and it's cooler where y'all are at!

8 comments:

jenn said...

Don't look at this as a diet blog, look at it as a trying to get healthier blog. I'm not weighing in either tuesday, because I am stress eating out the ass and I know I don't want to see the scale! My light at the end of the tunnel is that I should lose at least 10 pounds with this surgery, hopefully more! You have got to be sweatin' off some weight, no???

Christine said...

Oh yeah, definitely sweating some weight off. Might be putting it back on with the weekend visits with coconut cake and cheetos twists, but I am sweating some off.

I just deleted a huge whiny diatribe about how much the weather is getting to me. I get tired of sounding like a whiny asshole all the time, yet I do it at least four months out of the year. *sigh* It's frustrating.

I change my mind a million times a day, so by tomorrow I could have changed how I feel about it again lol. With the heat melting my brain it's a wonder I can focus long enough to type out an entry! I guess I'm just mainly frustrated that I can't focus on much at all right now. I've not even been updating my craft blog much because I lose so much of my drive this time of the year.

Thanks for listening to me moan; I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

The humidity today was on the wicked-side. I kept waking up wondering if the cooler was working because even I was roasting. I can't believe we didn't run into each other grocery shopping! It's hardly fair!
By the way, don't stress about the dieting. It will just give you another reason to rebel against it, so just take it as it comes. You'll get where you need to be when you're ready to be there.
Love you!

Donna said...

Moan away sweetie!! This heat is Awful!!!hughugs

jenn said...

Girl, I feel like all I do is whine on my blog too, but isn't that the point of having it? So that we can share how miserable (lol) or exciting (lol) our lives are??? Write what you want, when you want. I'm not going anywhere!

Petula said...

I think this weekend was a little cooler... from 85 to 90, but I didn't really pay much attention.

Missy said...

Happy Fourth!
Be safe and have lots of fun!!!!!!

Donna said...

Just checking on you sugar!!hughugs