CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Why hello there, pain-free knees!

I'm doing much better this morning! My hips are still a little achy, but my knees feel pretty good and I don't have that all over pain that I did yesterday. Thank goodness!

I'm hoping I continue to feel well because if I do, and the weather isn't too horribly hot this weekend I have plans to work on my yard. It is, in my opinion, the nastiest yard on the block. At least as far as yards that can be seen from the street go.

When we bought the place back in 2001 it was in horrible disrepair. I'm pretty sure the guy who owned it before us was batshit crazy. He'd torn down walls and then built half walls in a few of the rooms. He used some sort of nasty thick foam glue to put up sheets of styrofoam and the garage and yard were absolutely full of junk. Big junk, little trashy things like empty laundry soap bottles and cardboard boxes. I wish I could say that we've since taken care of anything and I have just upkeep to do, but that's not the case. There's still all sorts of junk that was left behind, only now there's our junk that needs to be gotten rid of as well. We had two trees fall a couple of years ago and though I cut them up and stacked them, they're an eyesore and I want to get rid of them.

Anyway, enough rambling. I mainly want to get a few bags of trash bagged up and try to kind of make a few piles for future disposal. I've thought about renting one of those large dumpsters, but they're really expensive! Since that's not really an option at the moment I told my husband that I'm going to start throwing away at least two bags of garbage from the yard every week until it's gone. It'll take awhile, but at least it's proactive instead of letting it just sit there!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I'd like to catch some of you in chat one of these days but I keep missing everyone!

5 comments:

jenn said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

I know what you mean about left over messes. When we moved in here, there was so much junk and crap in our yard. There are still piles out there, but we've gotten rid of most of it. It can be overwhelming, but I like your solution of a little at a time.

Donna said...

Glad you're doing Better sweetie!! Cleaning a house and yard is Bad enough when everythings nice, much less when it's inherited...mess. Good luck!!LOL...Happy weekend!!hughugs

Petula said...

I think my yard is the worse on the block too! We (mainly my oldest) has been getting rid of a couple of bags each week too. Must be the way to go lately, and more economical, instead of paying to have an extra pickup.

... I'm glad you're feeling better... I'll have to read more to see what happened. Thanks for your well wishes about the migraine!

Missy said...

Ok, just how crazy IS "batshit crazy?" Is there like ever someone thats worse like, "oh my god did you see Jessica that girl is an elephant turd shy of going to the loony bin?" I was just wondering...I need to see where I stack up shit-wise!
;}

Petula said...

I am glad you're feeling better. There's nothing like a little missing pain to cheer ya up! I know exactly what you mean.