CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

This American Life

I was thinking about it. I have my craft blog and I have my weight loss blog. I don't really have a blog where I can blog about random things. So I'm just going to use this one for that kind of stuff.

I found a thread on Ravelry (a knit and crochet community for those who don't know) talking about different podcasts that people liked. I've only ever really listened to knitting podcasts before so I decided to check out one that had been mentioned again and again - This American Life. I.am.hooked. I'm currently on my third episode of the morning. I started with one called Babysitting from their favorite episode list. I followed with one called Act V and am now listening to one called Notes On Camp about summer camps. I just really like the way a story (or several) is told about that subject, with guests and really excellent commentary. I think I've found my new favorite thing to listen to while crafting.

If you're interested in this sort of thing; please check it out. It's very good. I highly suggest the Babysitting episode - it was funny, sad, and enlightening and I can't even describe how much I liked it. Listening online is free, you can download it to your computer for less than a dollar.

2 comments:

jenn said...

I love the new look!!!! It's so cheerful and pretty!

Petula said...

I love the new background! Although I'm having a little trouble seeing some of the words sometime BUT it's beautiful! Your blogroll is so so so cool. I think it's a good idea to have this include your life stuff too. Weight loss is life too, huh?