CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Pleasant surprise!

Here I sit, pleasantly surprised!

My Mom called me this morning and practically begged me to come visit with her, my Aunt and Uncle, my cousin and my Dad. They arrived on Saturday afternoon and admittedly, I've been sour about the entire thing. I've never particularly liked my Aunt because in the past she's always been very snooty and rude.

So imagine my shock when she laid eyes on me and not only grabbed me for a big hug, but had tears in her eyes when she told me how much she loved me! Woah! Apparently along with the health problems she's had in the past few years, she gained a sense of family and outlook. Who would've thought?!

I was only over there for a few hours since I didn't want to leave my dogs in a hot house by themselves for too long, but I enjoyed it and was genuinely happy to visit. I expected the worst and got the best; I'm wondering if I should do that more often?

I haven't had much of a chance to talk to my Mom one on one, but my Dad told me on the way over to the house that my Aunt has been like this since they got here and a little family drama occurred when she told my parents that another family member had been talking smack about them and that was why she'd always been so snotty to all of us. That made me really sad because it was someone that I've always looked up to, but since it's out in the open I'm hoping that it'll mend a long time broken fence between my mom and Aunt and they can finally move on from all that.

We're going tomorrow night for dinner and a birthday celebration for my Dad. Paul's never met my Aunt and I'm hoping he'll believe me when I tell him that she's never been this nice before. He's heard me say some pretty mean things about her, but I honestly didn't know about the new leaf she'd turned. It was a happy surprise though...I hope it continues!

7 comments:

jenn said...

Family can surprise you sometimes, huh? I'm glad yours worked out there differences.

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, family drama crap gone good! Whodathunkit? I'm so glad that everything turned out as well as it did, and I hope it keeps up throughout her visit. It's amazing how not finding out for oneself how things really are can totally fuck up a relationship. I'm happy to hear that she came out and brought up whatever the issue with your mom was TO your mom!

Missy said...

So WAS the Aunt "BatShit Crazy" at one point - thats my question, HA! I have had more fun with that phrase!!! LMBO!!!
On a serious note, I am glad you've had a great visit, I too, hope it continues!! :}

Christine said...

She was a little batshit crazy in the sense that she couldn't quit saying how beautiful I was and grabbing me at every opportunity. Other than that, she was very sweet! (Though admittedly, it's always a little strange to see a 70-something old woman dancing around with an oxygen cord that's running through the entire house.

Donna said...

This is such GOOD News sweetie!! Now maybe Everyone can enjoy each other more!! So Happy for you!!hughugs

Crystal said...

Pleasant surprise indeed! Glad you had that special moment to share!

Petula said...

That is so great and a nice surprise. Family can be so much fun, but sometimes the fun can get sucked right out the room! LOL! It's good though that she's turned a new leaf and I hope it stays green.