Now that I'm a little more rested and no longer sick, I guess it's time to write a post that has something to do with what this blog is about - food, diet, exercise etc.
As much as I'd like to present a valid excuse, I don't really have one that'll hold water. I haven't been doing anything "right" the past week. I haven't been drinking enough water, haven't been counting calories or watching what I eat. The only exercise I've had is walking while shopping and moving our a/c unit out of the window and cleaning it yesterday.
I started out thinking "Hey! I was sick most of last week!" but I wasn't sick over the weekend...
Then I thought "Weekends always throw me off, it's no big deal!" but I promised myself that I wouldn't use weekends as an excuse to completely ignore good eating habits.
So, in a nutshell I've been kind of pushing the weight loss thing out of my mind lately and I'm probably going to pay for it by seeing a gain tomorrow when I weigh in. The thing is, lately I haven't really cared if I lost or gained or stayed the same. I want to care, but for some reason it just hasn't seemed all that important (which is stupid considering this is my health at stake!)
I guess I just get tired of thinking about it, you know? I like being lazy and eating whatever I want. I don't necessarily like thinking about what my next meal will be or how many miles I'll have to walk to burn off the soda I just drank or the slice of coconut cake I snarfed. Trying to be proactive though, I know that this kind of thinking isn't good.
I've thought about getting a dieting/exercise buddy locally, but I hate putting myself out there (to the point where I seriously think I've got social anxiety) and the only person I know actively trying to lose weight is my Mother in law. We've made plans to walk together and even made plans to spend a week setting up her pool, but it NEVER. HAPPENS. I get tired and annoyed with setting up plans to have them canceled so I've stopped making plans with her. When she brings it up I tend to give a straight answer.
I'm not upset or even feeling down, just musing. I'm wondering what exactly it's going to take to get me motivated enough to lose a substantial amount of weight. I looked at the chart that Crystal posted and I've got a ridiculous amount to lose. It seems so out of reach, but I've noticed that instead of feeling overwhelmed, I just don't care. Ugh! How to get out of that way of thinking?
Babies...Bike-a-thon-and Who's a Good Boy?
1 week ago

5 comments:
Don't look at how much you have to lose. I think that's my problem too. Just try and lose something. Anything. Because losing half a pound is better then gaining half a pound.
Like you, I have my days, weeks where I just don't want to think about it, because it is overwhelming. I still need to lose 100 pounds. That's an insane amout of weight. But I have lost 26 this year so far, and that is a step in the right direction. Just keep looking for ways to go in the right direction. Instead of beating yourself up over a piece of cake, vow to eat a smaller piece next time, or only have it every other day, instead of every day. These little changes will make a big difference. It also helps me to have "not so bad" snacks in the house. You know, the ones that aren't totally healthy, but are better than, say, half a cheesecake! I don't think most people understand how hard it is to lose. They think that just because we're big girls, if we stop eating we'll lose. Well, this past week, I have had no appetite, and have struggled to eat 3 meals a day. Yet whenh I weighed in this morning, I'm up a little. It doesn't make sense. I'm hoping tomorrow will show a loss, but who knows. I am happy to just keep off what I've lost so far.
I feel like I'm rambling on. I just don't want you to give up! I know how hard it is. I really do. And I am here for you! If you need to vent, yell, scream, whatever, you know where to find me!
Thanks darling!
I'm not giving up yet! I've got a good 150 or so to lose and (pardon my French) fuck me, that's a whole person!
I try to keep positive and just concentrate on a small bit at a time, but you're right...when you've got so much to lose it's easy to get discouraged. It doesn't help when you don't have a strong support system at home. My husband is all for me losing weight if that's what I want to do, but (and it's a big but) he likes large women - always has, and I think he's worried that I'm going to lose too much weight. I find that kind of thinking really strange, but that's what he likes and that's all there is to it. Because of that, he offers me treats that I don't need. I don't think he's trying to sabotage me, but I do think that he loves who I am and what I look like enough to not care if I lose a pound or gain 20. I could have it a lot worse...he could be one of those assholes that would leave me if I didn't lose weight, so I count my blessings that he doesn't care what I look like.
I'm rambly too. I love it when you ramble, I like hearing from you!
Like I said, I'm not feeling down about it so much as just not feeling much at all. Hopefully I can turn that attitude around!
Oh! I had an idea! I'm going to make a post about it to see what y'all think!
With my hubby, he loves me no matter what. He still calls me sexy and cops a feel all the time! It drives me nuts because I can't see how he finds me attractive when I feel like a whale. When we married, I weighed 133 pounds. Now I need to lose that much. It's nuts!
I think you should do what makes you happy. If you're worried about losing paul, then just lose enough to be healthier, not necessarily skinny. Make sense? I'm sure he wants you to live a long and happy life with him, so you need to do what you can to be able to do that.
Oh no! I'm not worried about losing Paul...he's flat out told me I'd have to kill him to get rid of him (total joke though...he's not too crazy!) I think it just worries me because I know that he loves me as I am and he doesn't want me to change to conform to a media ideal. If I was 120 pounds he'd still love me and stay with me, he just wants me to be happy.
And yeah lol...copping a feel around here is a daily thing!
Christine, losing weight is in deed very hard to do. Don't get overwhelmed girl just take little tiny baby steps in the right direction and I think that is pretty much what Jenn was saying. If you make big changes in the beginning you will get discouraged. Take it day by day and 1/2 a pound at a time. It may take some time but I believe you WILL get there.
keep with it!
HUGS
I was up this morning 0.4 lbs (that was after eating breakfast but it was still a gain) but that goes to show that we won't have good weeks every weeks
Post a Comment